Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you have a favorite gun you like to use during deer season?

If so, what is it?Do you have a favorite gun you like to use during deer season?
Marlin 336 in .35 Remington. Do you have a favorite gun you like to use during deer season?
.22-250 would be a fun caliber to hunt with, A .50 caliber or 700 nitro express would be even funner, but I preffer to hunt with a .243 cause thats all you really need.

Report Abuse



A shotgun does have the power %26amp; accuracy no it wont shoot 200 yards but all mine have been 100 or less I have put my .270 away for the last two years %26amp; in two years I have got 3 deer %26amp; 1 Turkey with my Mossberg 835 ulti mag it is set up to use up to 31/2'; mags so this has to be my fav. gun for now till I get a new gun
My favorite is an old Sharps in 45/70. By far not my most accurate nor easiest to carry around not to mention I only get 1 shot. Still I adore this rifle. Working the rolling block action, adjusting the tang sight for distance,dropping in it's 3 inch dowel shaped shell all send a sensation within me I can not explain. My best it will never be, my favorite it will always remain.
i like to use a muzzle loader. of course your not allowed to hunt with a rifle where i live. a shot gun can't stand up to the power and accuracy of a muzzle loader. my first deer ever taken just 2 years ago when i was just 13 was an 80 yard shot between two trees. it was so powerful that it dropped him right there and i didn't even have to track it.
i carry a remington 700 chambered in .280 rem i like it shoots good it is older so i was able to adjust my trigger down to about 3 pounds pull pretty nice but if you're looking to buy a riffle i would get a remington xr-100 rangemaster heavy barrel adjustable trigger all the extras but i like distance
7.62X54R is my favorite iron site.





.308 is my favorite optical. I also enjoy using my .30/30 with over under optics in heavy brush.





One day I hope to try a .45/70.
Remington 700 VTR in .308 for open field use....





A Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun for closer in use....





A Ruger Mini 30 rifle for close in - in the brush under 80 yards deer hunting....
Remington 30-06, Marlin 30-30, 8mm Mauser, 32 Winchester Special....

No comments:

Post a Comment