Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it ok for my dog to chew on this deer antler i found in my yar?

its a smallish 'y' shaped deer antler that i found a couple years ago and i had kept in this drawer that i recently cleaned out my dog go ahold of it and loves it ....is it alright if she chews on it or is it to hard or dangrous?Is it ok for my dog to chew on this deer antler i found in my yar?
If your dog is chewing on the antler it is alright as long as it is not breaking off into pieces. The splinters from the antler can be dangerous for dogs.





In fact there are places that sell antlers as dog chews.





One place is www.petexpertise.comIs it ok for my dog to chew on this deer antler i found in my yar?
I wouldn't let my dogs chew on it, the only thing they are allowed is a raw marrow bone large enough that it can't get down their throats 1x a week, keeps them busy, outside though they can get messy let then have 1 for an hr then I take them wrap them %26amp; put them in the fridge till next day, great for the tarter and the marrow give a beautiful coat
if it is a few years old, it may be dried out and could splinter. if the dog swollowed some of those splinters, they could hurt his throat. go to the local butcher shop and get him a meaty bone to chew on, they usually sell them cheap.
I would say for you not to let your dog play with it. It may have deer diseases and maybe even infected diseases. So to my opinion stick with doggie chew toys..
You shouldn't let her chew on it. It is too hard and it could have bacteria. Your best bet is to stick to doggy toys.
It's not dangerous that she was chewing on it. But you need to take it away from her. It's a little too hard.
i agree it probably has a lot of germs and you dont want your dog to get sick
  • Siam Esteemed Product Co Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment