Friday, February 12, 2010

Any ideas on a tat, is there such a thing as a feminine looking deer?

my dad passed away 3 yrs ago from cancer. anyway i have a small (about the size of the base of a soda can) tattoo on my left arm (right above my wrist). i wanna cover it up with something to represent my dad. the tat that is there now is really faded and isnt the greatest work. there is a personal story to a certain animal (a deer) that i associate with my dad.


i would like to get a deer tattoo~ is there any way to make a deer look feminine (dont want cartoonish)? another option if not the deer would be a butterfly, know of any good ones? would really prefer the deer if anyone has any ideas?


would a deer look weird on a female?Any ideas on a tat, is there such a thing as a feminine looking deer?
Eyelashes. And leaving the antlers off too.Any ideas on a tat, is there such a thing as a feminine looking deer?
I like the deer that you were givn a link to, but to make it more feminine, i would add a garland of flowers in the antlers, it can also symbolize your loss.
Check out the link below. I think that this deer is more feminine yet realistic looking as well. It is a very serene depiction of the animal.
You could have them add eyelashes to the deer's eyes, and maybe make the eyes more almond shaped, but tell them not too exaggerated becuase, like you said, it will look cartoon-y.
A female deer has no horns. To add more femininity, make the eyes bigger and add a few lashes.
There is a little fawn in a bunch of flowers that looks great. I see it in about every shop in the flash. Ive got it in the middle of my back around the buck doe and a whole wildlife scene.
sounds cool i say no antlers and softer looking fur... hey talk to a tat artist. they can really you help with this. maybe have the doe laying down witha baby near her or something like that. good luck withthe ink *smiles*
Bambi with a butterfly like in the Disney movie


sorry for your loss...God bless
A deer seems very feminine to me. Here are some pictures I pulled off of Google:


http://www.londonyouth.org.uk/images/pho鈥?/a>


http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/o鈥?/a>


http://www.gardenpa.com/contentmanager/u鈥?/a>





Don't know if that's what you're looking for or not. Best of luck, and I'm sorry about your dad. :[ I hope you end up getting a great tattoo!
I think getting a deer tattoo is a wonderfully unique idea. Butterflies are so common and because the deer would mean more to you, it's probably the better option. As far has getting a femine and realistic version, you might have a baby doe sitting on a log or drinking from a pond.
It's not too ';manly'; unless you think it is.





Young does can look very sleek and feminine.
I know you said that you didn't want one that looks cartoonish but I think if you used the deer from Bambi from a refrence it would look very feminine. It sounds like a really sweet idea for a tattoo and I don't think it would look too masculine
A doe
To make it look right for a female body, it helps that the dear has feminine qualities, even if its a buck. where you are putting it and how big it will be is also a factor.





to make a deer tattoo look feminine, I would draw it with more flowing lines, of course i would go for a doe, but you can have a buck look feminine if you have it drawn right.


The softness of the shading and where the deer is looking will depict feminity as well.


I'll search for some photos of what i am talking about!


:) great idea by the way! I don't think its weird, but what matters is what you are comfortable with.


If you find a photo or picture you like you can take it in to your tattoo artist and ask them to draw one similar, or sometimes depending on the picture, they can transfer it straight from the picture.








heres one in a more artistic form, this one if you printed it out could be transferred onto your skin for the tattoo without any adjustments.


http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im鈥?/a>





realistic looking still feminine and soft...


http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im鈥?/a>





let me know if you need help getting the picture off the website if you like it so you can print it out, I can tell you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment