Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does anybody have a family or much enjoyed Deer Jerky recipe?

I was recently given a lot of deer meat. I looooooove deer jerky and want to make some. I know what to do as far as the cooking goes (I'm using an oven.. 150-180 for however many hours.. a long time) I just wanted to hear some different recipe ideas!





I found some online of course, but it's always good to have another recipe! And I haven't gotten any from anyone that sounded really excited about it! I want a great recipe!Does anybody have a family or much enjoyed Deer Jerky recipe?
This is my wifes recipe and all my friends love it!!!





Marinate for Venison Jerky


6-8 lbs deer meat sliced 1/8 in thick


3/4 cup liquid smoke


3/4 cup soy sauce


3/4 cup worcestershire sauce


4 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt


3 teaspoons ground black pepper


1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder


1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper





Mix all together and let soak 1 or 2 days in this marinate in the refrigerator then put in oven or dehydrater.Does anybody have a family or much enjoyed Deer Jerky recipe?
Here's a marinade you might want to use...I will give you approximations as I don't have an idea of how much venison you have on hand. I'm using 5 lbs. of venison for example. Make adjustments as needed.





Venison Jerky Marinade:


-----------------------------------


4-6 C. Lite soy sauce


2 T. meat tenderizer


1/2 C. sugar


3 T. garlic powder


3 T. onion powder


2 T. fresh cracked pepper


2 T. honey


3 T chili pepper flakes (purely optional)





Marinate the venison for about 4-6 hrs. %26amp; drain. Pat the vension slightly dry with paper towels Place the meat on wire baking racks. Bake on low heat until the meat has dried out to the desired consistency. Store in airtight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment