Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My husband was given a deer, frozen whole It was thawed and ground. Cut up. Can I refreeze? Or must I cook it?

Don't want to get sick from it.My husband was given a deer, frozen whole It was thawed and ground. Cut up. Can I refreeze? Or must I cook it?
I cant believe how ignorant these answers have been. I hunt all the time and in the winter all of our game, like deer freezes. we have to thaw to cut it up. sometimes more than once. you can re freeze several times without a problem. hope all of you who have answered learn a little about hunting because if the grocery goes out of business your all in troubleMy husband was given a deer, frozen whole It was thawed and ground. Cut up. Can I refreeze? Or must I cook it?
You can freeze it in a deep freezer and it will stay good for months...Just make sure you have good packaging to protect form freezer burn...





Or make smoked deer jerky and it's good for a while that way and deer jerky is way better than beef jerky
I think that you need to cook it. I don't think that you can freeze it, thaw it and then refreeze it.
Your good to freeze it. This is generally the cycle of how these meats are processed. They are frozen whole or quartered, thawed to butcher and then froze again before consumption.
You can refreeze it without fear of getting sick, but the meat might not taste so good. It's generally, best not to thaw %26amp; refreeze meats.
cook the meat then you can freeze the cooked meat no problem.
You could probably get away with re-freezing, but it isn't worth the risk. Cook it and then freeze it.
No it can only be put back in the freezer after it is fully cooked.
after thawing its no good. must cook once thawed. cannot refreeze.
I don't know, but you know how people say that once something has thawed it can't be frozen again. Dunno why.
you are asking for trouble





i think i'd dump the whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment