Friday, February 12, 2010

I hit a deer but my airbag did not deploy?

I was driving down 340E and from out of nowhere a deer runs in front of my car. I didn't see it to stop and it damaged the entire front end of my car. My front is almost gone and the hood was pushed up and back. However, my airbag did not deploy. Can this be a lawsuit against the manufacturers for a faulty airbag?I hit a deer but my airbag did not deploy?
lol... no ! They are not designed to deploy in every accident,. nor would you want them to.I hit a deer but my airbag did not deploy?
No.


People like you make me ill -- you walk away from a major collision and the first thing you do is look for someone, ANYONE to sue. Airbags (SRS) are designed to deploy only when a certain criteria of events are met. Just because YOURS didn't blow does not mean they are faulty.


I suggest you hire an expensive lawyer and give him a $10,000 retainer and head to court. The auto manufacturer will show up with five lawyers, ten engineers and two hundred witnesses. This is tried all the time and has ALWAYS failed.
There probably wasn't enough impact to deploy the air bag. I'm glad air bags don't pop out for every accident. They only pop out for a serious accident when the force of impact is enough to cause your head to hit the steeling wheel or windshield. If your car ran off of the road, the air bag would have pop out. But since you were stopped after you hit the deer, there was no reason for it to.
No, you can't. The cars on board computer decided that the impact was not hard enough to deploy the airbag(s), despite what you might think. By hitting a dear, you did not come to an instant stop, like you would if you hit another car/object, so there would not have been any need for the airbag.





It's a common misconception that airbags will go off in all accidents, as it's just not true.
I highly doubt it, Airbags are made for collisions with cars, not deer. If the deer had hit the car with enough force the airbag might have deployed, but from what you have explained the dammage almost entirely body damage not damage to the chassie or framework. Also if you aren't injured it would be almost pointless to file a lawsuit.
No, but you should have it checked out anyway. A deer can cause a lot of damage, but usually the airbag will only deploy if the impact is with a rigid object. If you were wearing a seat belt or not also matters.





Further, you can not file a lawsuit unless you were damaged in some way. Were you?
The airbag is designed to prevent you from becoming serously injured in a head on collision. If you were not seriously injured then I don't see how you can say the airbag is defective. Your collision was not serious enough to cause injury so there was no need for the airbag to deploy.
And the airbag would have done what? Airbags deploy only in specific types of collisions. No, you can't sue the manufacturer.
The insurance will wriggle out of it by stating it was the wrong kind of deer.
i hope you know when you killed that dear you put point on your lic i think its 3 for killing a animal

No comments:

Post a Comment